You can use the peer networking template to invite your community to come and network with each other, regardless of affiliation. This is a great way to introduce the platform, or to host a “social networking” event.
- Changes to Template:
- Update registration form adding a question of “What is your affiliation”
- Break down booths by topic to encourage open conversation
- Booth Examples:
- State of the campus: Chat about campus happenings
Industry: This event encourages alumni to make connections in their current industry or an industry of interest and grow their professional networks. Industries should be chosen based on your knowledge of your alumni base and will typically last one hour.
Ex. Booths include:
- Business and Entrepreneurship
- Education and Nonprofit
- Marketing and Communications
Regional: This event encourages alumni to make connections with fellow alumni in their area, regardless of industry. Alum will make serendipitous connections with those around them and hopefully exchange contact information to meet up or continue the conversation offline. You never know who you’ll meet: your next hire, mentor, friend, kickball teammate, advisor, etc.
- Break down booths depending on # of alumni in the area
- You can host an East Coast event then break down to MA, NY, PA, DC, etc.
- You can host a Texas event and do it by city
- You can host a regional event and do it by city