To get the conversation started during networking events, many clients include an icebreaker question or two on their registration form. Participants answers will appear in their profile during private chats and are a great jumping off point for a meaningful conversation.
While it is always important to ask ice-breaker questions that are relevant to your event focus and audience, below are some best practice questions we have seen:
- What was your favorite memory on campus?
- What's your favorite thing about where you live now?
- What advice or information can you offer to others?
- Can I ask you for your advice on ____?
- What do you do professionally?
- Best piece of advice you would offer a brand new graduate?
- Where is your favorite spot on campus?
- Why are you attending this networking event?What impact has your international study, work or living experiences had on your life and career?